Spellbinders "Poppies" II Class - Different Cards



Welcome Friends!

Hope you are having a good week so far, and that you have some creative time scheduled for yourself. 

Today I am sharing with you another Spellbinders Poppy Class. We have so many Poppy dies that showed up, so we are offering another class with two different cards!



WHEN: Saturday, April 21st
WHERE: Langford Legion (at the Crop)
TIME: 2:30 - 5:00
COST: $45.00 + GST (includes $28 die)
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE DIE THE COST IS $25.00 + GST FOR THE CLASS
To register for this class, contact Stacey at sbebc2011@gmail.com  or  778-533-4290
For those of you that wanted to get the Spellbinders "Poppies" die and make cards with it, but did not get the chance in February, we are offering you another chance to have fun with this die. We will be making two entirely different cards this time using the more traditional red Poppy. 
If you already have the die and wish to make these cards, you are welcome to sign up at a reduced price since you already have the die.
** We will be giving priority to those that do not have the die yet. 
You will learn how to line up dies for a three layer cut that lines up perfectly, how to double layer dies cuts for added depth and strength, and how to use your alcohol markers on coloured card stock to add detail and dimension.
PLEASE BRING TO CLASS: your die cutting machine and plates, double sided adhesive tape, white & black foam tape and pop ups, non-stick craft mat, liquid glue, Nuvo Crustal Drops Ebony Black, Spectrum Noir markers DR5 (red) & CG2 (green). If you are bringing Copic markers, you will require a darker red without brown tones, and an olive-like green in the mid range.It might be a good idea to bring wash tape, just in case you need it. A class notebook and pencil to take notes if you wish.

Before I show a closer look, I must acknowledge that I cased the black card created by Elena Salo. She created many stunning projects with this die set.

Here are more photos of these two cards.

First I will begin with the white card. I love cards that use a script background stamp. The next best thing is to show the handwriting of the sender. Now I know some of you will say, "Oh no. My handwriting is not the greatest." And I say, "Have you seen some of the script writing on stamps? Some of them do not have great style either," So as long as you use a black ink pen (gel is the blackest) it will look wonderful! Trust me. That is why I designed this card with a cut through all the front layers. The black ink script you write in the card, will really make this card, and poppy, pop!



If you are observant, as most creative people are, you will have noticed some embossed tape lines on the front of the card. This had never happened to me before, and I can only say that it is one of two reasons. 1) I used Post-It tape which is paper and thicker than Washi tape, which is much thinner, or 2) because I thought the two layers of card stock where thin enough to to die cut together creating a thicker layer between the plates and imprinting the tape into it. I will not do that in class, ladies! L.O.L.


So on to the ceased card from Elena.

I did not mention with the last card, the additional colour and detail done by using an alcohol marker. But then you may have noticed since  you are a creative person.



Well, that is it for this class posting. For those of you that live here, I look forward to seeing you in class. 

Happy creating, and have a great day!








No comments: